Monday, December 7, 2015

12-07-15 Tears

I was tucking the kids into bed this evening when Big E notice my earrings. I don't wear earrings often and I guess this was the first time he really ever noticed them. He played with them for a moment and then asked how they were on my ears. I explained that they went through my ears. His eyes got big as he asked if there were holes in my ears and did it hurt. I told him that there were and that it did hurt when they first put them in, but they don't anymore. 

Suddenly E got this very sad look in his eyes and said, "Poor Mommy," and started stroking my ear. A moment later he turned his head away from me and started to cry. 

My sweet little boy was crying for me!!

I am often overwhelmed by the depth of his heart. I constantly have to remind myself that he doesn't see the world like his big sister and my parenting needs to reflect that. He is gentle. He is sweet. He is compassionate. 

I know he will face his share of difficulties in life, but I pray that nothing crushes his generous spirit and empathetic heart, but that he will carry those traits with him throughout his life.

No comments:

Post a Comment