Before you were born, I thought you were going to be a girl. When you arrived the doctor exclaimed, "It's a boy!" A boy?!? What did I know about boys? I was raised with a girl. Boys were uncharted territory! As I stared at you that first night, with admittedly, a little trepidation, I whispered, "How do I raise a boy?" Your father leaned over to me and softly said, "You love him."
Little did I expect the fierce love that that would awaken inside me.
I pray for you daily that you will grow to be a man of integrity and honor; that your words will be uplifting and your courage will be unwavering. I pray that you will be strong and intelligent and passionate.
But mostly, I pray that God will pursue your heart, to the ends of the earth, to the depths of the sea; and that you, in response, will guard your heart from idols and put your trust in the One that has loved you more fiercely than even I am able.
For you Elijah, are my little prince.
1. You love trucks, tools, trains and cars. Your sister got a Thomas track set for Christmas and you were heartbroken that we wouldn't let you play with it.
2. Your grandparents got you a big Tonka truck and you love to push it as fast as you can through the house and run into anything immobile.
3. You call your dad, 'Papa' and your mom, 'My Mommy'
4. Your word for 'Charlotte' and 'Elijah' are exactly the same.
5. You still love to sleep, and yes, you still use a paci at night.
6. You think it is funny to eat with your eyes closed.
7. You are the most ticklish person I know.
8. You have had one haircut, just your bangs.
9. You were a blue monster for Halloween.
10. You hate veggies, but you can't get enough of eggs. You also like pancakes, bananas, and avocados. You love 'achacha juice.'
11. During Mater's Tall Tales, you scream when Lightning McQueen gets pushed down the big hill.
12. You have no self-control when you see someone lying on the floor. You MUST sit on them!