Friday, November 20, 2015

11-20-15 Pizza Night

I stopped by the store this evening and picked up ingredients so that the kids and I could make pizzas this evening. I've never done this with them before, but I figured they would enjoy the hands on activity! 

I was right. It was a huge hit! And the best part was that they actually ate most of it. In fact C nearly finished hers! This is huge, as she has become pretty picky as of late.

Step one was spreading the oil on the crust. I told them to paint their crusts until they were completely shiny.


Step two was adding the sauce. 


C asked to lick the spoon afterwards. I let her, but she didn't enjoy that at all. I assured her it would taste better on her pizza than off a spoon! 


Step three was adding the toppings. I bought dairy free mozzarella style cheese for the first time. I gotta say, I think it must be an acquired taste. 

Big E was pretty liberal with his mini pepperonis! 


She wanted to start eating it immediately, but I reminded her that we should cook it first! 


Fresh out of the oven!



Like I said, they loved it. I'm glad I bought two packs of crust because we will probably be doing that for lunch tomorrow! 


Even Baby E wanted in on the action, he decided earlier this week that he isn't a huge fan of baby food anymore. He will begrudgingly eat it, but he makes it quite clear he would rather sample from your plate. He gobbled down nearly an entire slice of Big E's pizza (minus the pepperoni.) 

I think this activity cut into their squabbling time, so it was actually a pretty quiet evening. :) 


I snuck in on Baby E sleeping this morning. Sleeping babies are adorable! 

No comments:

Post a Comment