Sunday, October 4, 2015

10-04-15 The Seafood Department

If you happened to be shopping in Giant this evening, and you just happened to be in the seafood department you would have heard a very, very excited little boy. You see, the kids noticed the lobster tank at the grocery store a few weeks ago and now when we go to the store they want to make a beeline to the seafood department to watch the lobsters crawling around. (Big E keeps calling them hermit crabs.)

Well this evening, after scoping out the lobsters, Big E let out a loud squeal and ran to the seafood counter. "Hey guys, come here!!!!" Among the cuts of fish there was a whole salmon laying on its side in the ice. "Look!!! IT'S A DEAD WHALE!!!"

This kid cracks me up! 


Being away at the ladies retreat this weekend was such a huge blessing! I'm definitely feeling convicted about some areas in my life, and I really enjoyed the chance to connect with other women. This morning over breakfast I asked the kids what they did while I was at the retreat. I knew they had visited their grandparents, so i figured they would fill me in on that. Big E's eyes got large as he proclaimed, "Daddy, and baby E, and C, and me... we all went.... Upstairs!!!" Well alright, then. 

So, Tim and I aren't big alcohol drinkers. In fact, we probably only drink a couple of times a year. I don't have anything against it, I'm just not a huge fan of the flavor. Also it makes me really really sleepy. When Tim and I were dating we ordered wine at a restaurant one evening and afterwards, I proceeded to fall asleep in the car as he drove me home. So if we are looking for a fun evening, alcohol is not involved. 

However, when I get sick, all bets are off. Remember last week I wasn't feeling well? Well, I thought I was on the mend until I woke up this morning with a super scratchy throat. I hate getting a sore throat because then it is impossible for me to fall asleep. In fact, I have to be tired enough to fall asleep and then sleep through the pain. If not, I'm up all night. Pain meds don't really work, but you know what does? Yup, a drink.

So tonight after the grocery store I stopped to get something to get me to sleep. But since I'm the kind of person that usually buys alcohol based on how pretty the bottle is, I decided to ask for help. The guy behind the counter pretty much thought I was an idiot because I wanted something tasty, but not too strong flavored. First he suggested something that tastes exactly like a fireball. Um... No thanks. Then he recommended something way out of my price range.

Finally we landed on this...


So, we shall see. Hoping it isn't disgusting! (BTW, if you have any alcohol suggestions that would be great. Then next time I won't have to go in guessing!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment