Wednesday, January 28, 2015

01-28-15 Baby Jesus and the Hair Salon

Well there it is... Twelve weeks come and gone. Today has been good, but tainted by that achy feeling that something wonderful is about to end. I played longer, cuddled more, laughed often, trying to soak it all in. Tomorrow we get up while it's still dark and venture out in our different directions. I suspect there will be tears, but that's ok. In a few weeks we will be settled into our new routine and nothing will seem amiss. 

This morning C insisted that we pretend that baby E was baby Jesus. I was Mary. And she was a wiseman, but a girl. Instead of the traditional gold, frankincense and myrrh, she brought warm red water to pour over baby Jesus' head to cure his cradle cap. 

In the same spirit, this afternoon E wanted to play baby Jesus again and he wanted to be baby Jesus. However C wanted to play hair salon. The compromise was that I would be Mary and I would bring baby Jesus to the salon with me while I got my hair done. Everyone wins. 





If you think of us tomorrow, whisper a prayer that this transition will go smoothly. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment