Tuesday, August 28, 2012

First Foods


So, E has been eyeing our food for a few weeks now. Ok, maybe even longer than that, but I just wasn't ready to accept that my little baby was ready for 'real' food.  I use quotations there because, let's face it, pureed peas are probably not going to make it onto my dinner table any time soon! But I digress. It's getting to the point that it is a little uncomfortable to eat around him. He leans in toward you, not blinking... just salivating, watching every single motion. Fork to plate. Fork to mouth. Fork to plate. Like a tennis match, this kid is hooked. So, ever so reluctantly, I decided it was time for this next milestone.

The first thing we ever fed C was avocado. She hated it. So, with E, I decided to go with something a bit more conventional. Peas. Yum.

I'll admit, as I opened the jar I thought, "Wow, better him than me!" That stuff just looks gross.

So, with camera in hand... We commenced our first feeding session.

ready and waiting

Here it comes!

Open Wide!

Touchdown!

Blech! That's disgusting!

Peas, mom, really? We couldn't start out with cake?!?

Despite his lack of enthusiasm over his first meal, (i.e.- he started crying right after this picture) he has decided that maybe pureed peas aren't so bad after all. Now he reaches out and grabs my hand to pull the spoon faster to his mouth. I knew he'd come around!

No comments:

Post a Comment